I hope this finds you well. I have had a bit of a writing hiatus, and now it’s time to blog again!
Here in Melbourne spring has just sprung – yay! One of my favourite first signs of spring are the delicious smelling jasmine flowers. And also watching the blossoms coming into bloom.
Today I’m going to share some simple ideas with you about nurturing the inner you. As we move into the warmer months and social activities ramp up, it can be easy to forget to enjoy quiet time too. I’m not suggesting you forgo having fun, but rather that you try to seek some balance so that you don’t burn the candle at both ends!
We live in a society which tends to focus on the “outer” parts of ourselves. Money, success, fashion, social media…..need I say more?!
But how about the “inner” self? This aspect of health can easily be overlooked in the busyness of everyday life.
Nurturing the inner you doesn’t need to be a complicated process. Following are some simple ideas which you can easily incorporate into daily life:
- Spend time in nature. It’s free and easy to access! Look around at nature and feel the calmness. You can also bring nature into your home and work environments. (See Plant Friends blog for more ideas.)
- While you are outside, why not kick your shoes off and put your feet on the ground? Feel the ground/grass/sand beneath you. This is a great way to calm your mind and connect to something greater than yourself.
- Catch up with people who make you feel good!
- Spend some time in the sun. After the long winter months, how wonderful does is it to feel the have sun on your skin? Give your immune system and vitamin D levels a well deserved boost.
- Meditate. Daily meditation is another way to nurture the inner you. Even a few minutes meditation a day can help you to feel calmer and more present.
- Sleep – switch off Netflix earlier and try to get some more zzzz’s!
- Eat well.
These are a few simple ways to nurture the inner you.
If you have any questions or comments, I’d love to hear from you.
Photo credit: Liza Clements Photography
Subscribe to receive updates on more articles.